Academics & Assessment
Eugenio Maria de Hostos is committed to your child’s education. The instructional staff and school leaders know and understand the impact a positive educational experience has on each child’s unique light and potential. In partnership with EL Education Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School provides a model implementing core curriculum focusing on three dimensions: mastery of knowledge and skills, character, and high-quality work that puts each child at the center of their own learning. All stakeholders at Eugenio Maria de Hostos believe that all young people have the potential to become lifelong changemakers who realize their unique vision, rooted in their identity, knowledge, and skills.
Meeting expectations of the Mission and Vision at EMHCS goals for students are:
● Will become reflective learners with enquiring minds.
● Communicate effectively through spoken and written forms using rich and varied vocabulary.
● Be able to make links between previous learning and new knowledge and skills.
● Be respectful and resilient learners with the confidence to speak out for what is right.
● Think creatively to solve problems independently and collaboratively.
● Have the ability to lead and recognize their personal strengths and weaknesses.
● Be responsible and reflective citizens with an understanding of how to keep themselves and others safe.
● Be able to make active and healthy lifestyle choices.
● Use the local, natural environment to enhance their learning.
● Have an awareness of global and national issues.
● Have an appreciation and understanding of our diverse and creative world.
● Have skills to access their next phase of education and an increasingly diverse world of knowledge.
● I will be inspired to have a love for learning.