Calendars for the 2018-2019 Winter Sports:
- JV Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- JV Girls Softball
- Modified Boys Basketball
- Modified Boys Baseball
- Modified and Varsity Track and Field
- Dance Club
Click here to download the EMHCS Sports Handbook.
Welcome to the Eugenio María de Hostos Charter School (EMHCS) Athletic Program for the 2018-2019 season home of the Hostos Hornets!
Our athletic program is currently only for 7-11 graders. We are part of the Private Parochial League (PPL) of Rochester. This league consists of the following schools:
- Destiny High School,
- Aquinas High School,
- Bishop Kearney High School,
- Mercy High School,
- Lima Christian High School,
- Rochester Prep High School,
- Rochester Academy Charter,
- Charles Finney High School,
- North Star Christian High School,
- University Prep High School, and
- Young Women’s College Prep.
When a student-athlete chooses to participate in an athletic program at EMHCS, they and their families are committed to certain responsibilities and obligations. When parents take an active role in their son or daughter’s efforts in athletics, they ensure an enjoyable, educational, and successful experience.
Currently, we offer ten sports/clubs at EMHCS. These sports/clubs include:
- Girls Volleyball (Fall)
- Boys Soccer (Fall)
- Girls Soccer (Fall)
- Girls Basketball (Winter)
- Boys Basketball (Winter)
- Boys and Girls Dance Club (Winter)
- Girls and Boys Track and Field (Spring)
- Girls Softball (Spring)
- Boys Baseball (Spring)
In order to be an athlete at EMHCS you must have the following:
- Be a student at EMHCS.
- Have an updated physical with our office staff/nurse before the start of the season.
- Get requaled by the nurse. Requal forms are found in the nurse’s offices or with the Athletic Director.
- Compete the requal form located in the EMHCS Handbook and bring the form to the nurse.
- Try out/make the sports team!
- Have good grades, go to class, and be a great student-athlete!
Currently, our boys’ basketball team is undefeated in our league. Our girls’ team has only lost one game. Winning isn’t the most important thing at EMHCS, our PRIDE characteristics and compliments that our young men and women display on the court means more.
If you have any questions about the athletic program please email the Athletic Director, Kim Johnson, at KJohnson@emhcharter.org or call (585) 697-7115 ext 7136.