Arrival & Breakfast
Buses arrive between 7:50-8:00 am. Buses will park in the loop in front of the Kodak building main entrance and enter the building through the side door on State Street. All students will immediately report to the 5th floor, turn in their cellphones and proceed to the cafeteria on the 9th floor for breakfast, which will start at 7:55 a.m. and end at 8:25 a.m.
Any student who arrives after 8:25 a.m. must obtain a late pass from the Parent Center. Breakfast will not be available after 8:25 a.m. unless a bus arrives late.
Breakfast is made available to all students; however, students who do not wish to eat breakfast may wait for the first block to start in room 502 under the supervision of a staff member.
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CLASSROOMS UNTIL 8:20 a.m.
Parent Drop Off Area
Parents may drop off students as early as 7:50 a.m. The student drop-off area is located in front of the Kodak building by the EMHCS sign. Remember, childcare is not provided at the High School level.
High School classes end at 4:30 p.m.
- Busses will arrive at the Kodak Campus at approximately 4:15 p.m.
- All bus riders are dismissed at 4:25 p.m.
- Any students awaiting parent pick-up will wait outside by the side door with security.
- Parents must pick-up their children by 4:30 p.m.
- If parents need to pick-up their student before 4:30 p.m. due to a doctor’s appointment or any other valid reason, the parent must enter the Kodak building through the main door.
- Approach the Kodak security desk and inform them that they are there to pick up their child from Eugenio María de Hostos Charter School.
- Kodak security will call EMHCS main office and ask for someone to escort the parent upstairs.
- A school security officer or staff will come downstairs to escort the parent.
- Once at the main office/parent center, the parent coordinator or secretary will call for your child to be released from class.
- Parents and students will be escorted downstairs by EMHCS security or staff.