Hello Eugenio Maria De Hostos families!
My name is John Haag and I am the High School Counselor at EMHCS.
I was born in Rochester, NY in the town of Greece where I graduated from Athena High School. I got my undergraduate degree in psychology from West Virginia University and my master’s degree in school counseling from Roberts Wesleyan College. I have been working in education in some capacity for four years now.
This page will be your look into what is going on at the High School campus each month. Events, scholarships, college checklists, and field trips are some of the things that will be included. It is updated monthly by the school counselor so it will be predominately news from the counseling office.
- Get 2 Letters of recommendation from school staff, manager, religious official, etc. (Give
them 2 weeks notice to finish the letter of recommendation)
- Prepare for January Regents exams
- Submit college applications (Common App or on College Website)
- Honor Roll celebration
- Update or Create Resumes
- Apply for SAT or ACT
- Finish FAFSA
- 12th Grade Parent Night Presentation (PDF)
- Finacial Aid 101 Presentation (PDF)
- Download the December Newsletter Now (PDF)